Thru PabloPabla's Lenses

Digital photography by an amateur photographer using a Nikon Coolpix L4


Colours of Pasar Besar Siti Khadijah


Pasar Besar Siti Khadijah is located in the centre of Kota Bahru town in the state of Kelantan, Malaysia. It is 3 storeys tall and has a spider-dome like rooftop which allows natural sunlight to shine through.



You will notice that almost all the traders are women, which is quite common in the Malay State. The ground floor houses the wet produce market whilst the first floor has stalls selling dry produce such as keropok and serunding (meat floss).



The second floor has a bewildering number of stalls selling fabric and clothes especially the famed Kelantanese hand-drawn batik. As I was a bit shy, I did not take any photographs of the fabric stalls especially when I wasn't intending to buy any.




A favourite amongst shoppers and shutterbugs, this market is open from 6am till 7pm daily.


Technorati Tags : , , ,

Labels: ,

6 Responses to “Colours of Pasar Besar Siti Khadijah”

  1. # Blogger 5xmom.com

    I love the place. I went there twice everyday when I was in KT. But I don't know why all the time it was so dark and I didn't get any decent photos. Your pics are so cheerful and colourful.  

  2. # Blogger PabloPabla

    5xmom : Wah! Dua kali sehari ah? You must LOVE that place! Erm,...it's in KB though. Not KT :) I was there about 2.30pm and it was drizzling outside. Guess I was lucky with the pics. Thanks for the compliments! More pics tomorrow!  

  3. # Blogger Meng

    Its a pretty market, nice fresh green vegetables. The only difference in KL or my kampung in Subang is it'll be bustling with people.
    Doesn't look like they are doing a lot of business, perhaps 2.30pm is not exactly prime time for shopping.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I visit the market every time I visit Kota Bharu, it is very interesting place. However, I would like the Town Council to clean this place more thoroughly because it stinks and very dirty.

    James  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    The cleaniness catches my first glimpse. How I wish markets in Klang looks like this too instead of wet, mushy and smelly floor.  

  6. # Blogger PabloPabla

    meng : Business is quite bad according to the guy selling keropok.

    anon : I avoided taking pics of the flies and wet floors.

    hijackqueen : The chicken and fishmonger areas have wet floor just like any other wet markets in Malaysia. You should check out the markets in Australia (see Wuching's post)!  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from PabloPabla tagged with flickrdigital. Make your own badge here.




© 2006 Thru PabloPabla's Lenses | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Modified by PabloPabla
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
If you wish to use my photographs, kindly place a link back to this page.